View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damnitsu

re: App: DanMitsu

The application submitted by DanMitsu is as follows:

Quote:
Did you read the instructions in full? Any problems or comment on anything?:
yeah I read it, a lot of vocal noise, it is like reading a motivated speaker till you make it 1/2 way through then it sounds like someone else wrote it. I'm not trying to bust your balls, but damn. Get comfortable with the fights before you wipe to them? I can only assume that is PTR with the guild on new content. If you did PTR?

Enter your character name, server, and spec with which you'd like to raid.:
damitsu,stormrage,any of the three

[DPS ONLY] Explain to us your ability priorities. What's the "rotation"?:
ambush when pre-pull-pot
SnD with whatever CP you have
Keep the RvS debuff up for every SS, eviscerate and rupture.
Prioritizing eviscerate over rupture unless deep insight
rinse and repeat

What is your stat priority? Include applicable breakpoints.:
present spec, hit-exp-haste-mast-crit

Link a screenshot of your UI:
http://tinypic.com/r/snz7rq/5

Link your WoL:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ywngbiqz5o2rpr5s/

How many FPS do you get in 25m raiding? Be honest. I'll be able to tell from your logs.:
40-50

If you were GM or RL, how many players would you want on active-roster for 25m raiding and why?:
28- for rotation and those who sit out when you need them the most and screw the rest of the raid till a replacement is found

What's the highest PVP rating you've ever had THAT YOU CAN PROVE? (please link the character here, or achievement) Can be either 2's, 3's, 5's, or RBGR. If you have nothing note worthy, feel free to leave it blank you noob. :
blank it is

Why us? How did you hear about Vel Dawlo?:
digging through wow progress and looking up guilds that are looking for rogues- this is the 7th application and counting.

Optional textbox for anything else. 6,500 character limit.:
I do not see any active rogues on your roster, which for a 25m is very odd. Either RL do not run them, because healers are weak/need gear or you personally do not like them, past events with a member or what ever. If it is the latter pass my app decline it, before I spend the money to get here. Im honest and if it talks like a duck and walks like a duck, it is a duck.

Very blunt.

I foresee a lot of your applications being immediately denied because of the old... "I don't like this guy one bit!!"
I don't really care. I care about three things....

1: damn near close to 100% raid attendance.
2: competitive DPS
3: DON'T DIE

I have nothing against rogues. We're new, and have been grabbing players that do good DPS and don't die. We're just starting to get into the structured phase where, when we lose somebody, we have a specific class in mind to replace it, and not just "anybody that's good"
We lost a spriest, and we want a rogue. Not sure what Duney put up that we're looking for, but it's basically just Rogue, Rsham/Hpal.

we're a "clear all content" group that's just come back and so we're 4/14(H) on 25M in just four lockouts. the first couple lockouts were spent carrying multiple horrible players who have since been replaced. If you're a player that passively raids and doesn't min/max, or understand difficult progression fights before wiping on it 40 times, you'll to be okay for a few weeks, and then quickly get left in the dust. As the structure and organization will increase here from week to week as we get back to the 'well oiled machine' that we always get to whenever we came back to raiding. Hence the aggressive application instructions. Which I wrote in its entirety by myself in free-hand.

Your parses look fine. your gear is equal to ours.
If you're keen for the tryout, I can get you in THIS LOCKOUT. (tuesday/wednesday, Jan 14th and 15th)
Note that we play on Sargeras, which owns a monopoly in alliance-PvE atmosphere. It's rather robust here and no other server comes anywhere close with the exception of US-Illidan (horde)
So if you transferred here -- and you blow dog shit (or you're pro but you hate us), then you'll find yourself in a situation where there are hundreds and hundreds of guilds and pug groups (10's and 25's) to try without spending additional money.

I'm going to bed, then working all day. I'll be home around 6PM (est)
but again, if you like it, and want to try it THIS tuesday, just transfer and I'll get you in regardless.

VD3.0 (T16-current) Protection, GM
Damnitsu

Thanks for the reply, and my belated reply, I do apologize for.  Yes you are correct I do get that often, but I have found it cuts down time and effort. Some RL do not like or understand rogues abilities and without dwelling, they run sims and expect that time and time again without acknowledging the mechs or placements of the fight. Some specs are more dependent then others. Then I spend another hour after the raid explaining, yes this spec would give more dps, but you had me doing this or I was needed here on add control.

So I found a way to get around it, look for prior rogues in a guild or if they do not have any, as mentioned do not like or understand a need for them, so we die often or placed on the bench.

A good example is black fuse, run the belt my dps will be lower than someone on the boss. Yes sounds stupid and yes there are others. Trying to make the best effort of being on that server, other than warming a bench.

Your three rules, was the norm it was to be expected.  I take less damage and give out more than or equal to during boss fights

Presently I re-gemmed for combat taking a break from sub for a while (unless u  need raw dps). I have made an alt there, and it is robust 60-70 on latency, your closing and remarks are what I was expecting. Aggressive app, did sound like two people wrote it, but from my short exp where I am at now, I see why.

I missed the lock out and completely forgot about the app I filled out with the other ones (which only three have responded too). I did a pug to run some heroics last week and another run this week noted in log and was in a very short time another 10m guild with those logs listed as well.

Short guild -http://worldoflogs.com/reports/vnf36d6k2pd78caj/

Same- http://worldoflogs.com/reports/erkcl5ydncfyfyis/

Pug-http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ywngbiqz5o2rpr5s/

LoL blow dog shit or pro and hate us. The latter I am not, but it doesn’t take an hour of wipes to see what the problem is, proactive and progression. I have fun raiding and yes the expense once again was the reason for the search and being more selective on where I am going.

I have this saved, so I will check back day per day and see, your needs in wowprogress are the same (how I ended up here, once again)

Damnitsu

new leadership does this include raid leads as well?

Toµk

It does.

I'm still going to be here errday. But I'm not longer going to be GM/RL...or have an executive hand in the guild for that matter.
The guild is still going to pick up raiding 25M(H) content and will catch up as always.
This type of shit is never planned and so where I apologize in one sense, in another, I don't really because I'm sure you understand the scene as you've been around it for a long time. these things happen constantly and the best guilds historically are the ones who adapt to drastic logistics the best.

Not sure if you transfered to Sargeras or not (it wasn't completely clear) in your reply.
If you did and this is a deal breaker....well, there are 1000 guilds on this server. good luck. If you're still interested, lets set up a time to talk about the changes and a potential entrance. Pick a time and day and we'll make it happen. Or you can try to contact Kazune (in game)

Or either of us in vent as we're constantly on unless work/school.
veldawlo.typefrag.com  PORT: 51196 (no password)

Damnitsu

Your right I have, seen many great GM/RL leave and change throughout the years, some of them I was raiding with for years and it happens the better guilds adapt others go under. I still talk to a few of them, but most have moved on. Reminds me of what it used to be. On occasion, I get the pst “I know that name, remember such and such”, so it’s all good. Nature of the beast we all do it for fun.

I have not transferred over yet, I screwed around some on the main for a week or two and the communication thing with people, I’m raiding with an alt tonight and may be finishing tomorrow both days are at 8 to 11 pm

I will put the info in vent and talk with you, how many you lost and what your plans are for starting over, gearing people, and then focusing on progression once again. The turnover rate on wow progress doesn’t say much. Good thing or bad.

You will know it is me, the rogue.

Toµk

Turnover rate isn't too bad.

The new GM (Kazune) has been running a 10M raiding guild on the side. so his guild is merging into this guild to fill spots I guess. so I don't expect downtime.

Damnitsu

How about Monday at 600pm? Eastern time zone

I keep missing you, afk, or placed in the time out box

Tag is Mitsu#1109 would like to more about the changes-

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vel Dawlo Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum