View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaldeyVD

re: Hey guys.

Sorry, meant to make a new post :P accidentally posted on another thread.

I am not sure if you remember, but I, Baldey, was one of the hunters involved in VD 2.0's heroic Madness kill back in Cataclysm. I saw that Vel Dawlø was coming back and wanted to give you all a shoutout.  I hope you don't mind me posting my story here.  After starting WoW at the age of 11 in Wrath, I slowly began to become interested in raiding.  For most of wrath and cata, I drifted around from guild to guild, clearing some normal content, but never getting what I wanted.  Near the end of cata, after my 8th grade year, I saw VD offering a trial run through normal DS to try and recruit a few more raiders for its progression.  I decided to join this, and I think I made the cut for the second group by one person or something.  Later that week, the main hunter, Alek, couldn't make a raid and Tohk pulled me in.  Having 0/8 heroic experience, I killed up to Hagara (the 4th boss) on heroic with the main group.  I was kept in the main group for a while, until I had to go on vacation and miss 2 raids.  When I got back, my spot was filled by another hunter and the officers pulled me into the officer's lounge and calmly explained to me that even though Alek and I were on the same gear level, he was out-dpsing me by a lot.  I was told I would not be raiding with the main group.  Although I felt one of the deepest sadnesses I have ever felt, I typed in officer chat (didn't have a Mic at the time) that I understood and would try to improve.  I went and got a new computer (my old one granted me a wopping 2 fps), and by the time I had set it up, the raid had started.  Because of some issue (maybe it was fate) Garytherival, my replacement, had to pull out of the raid early.  Tohk was impressed by my determination, and decided to give me another chance.  With my new framerate, but only did my dps improve, but I topped the chart on Ultraxion (Alek was #2) and we cleared all the way to Spine.  This fight took a few weeks to finally beat, but in the end VD triumphed.  One week before 5.0 hit and it would be obsolete, we killed Heroic Madness, which was at the time the hardest boss in the game.  I had never been so excited with an accomplishment, because this one was a testament to my determination and willpower.  The lessons I learned from this have helped me in all aspects of my life.  I know it sounds drama-queen, but it's true.  Ever since then, I have pvp'ed on Horde - Tichondrius.  I no longer raid because nothing I do now will amount to the run with Vel Dawlø  I even got gladiator, but no WoW experience will ever compare to that journey.   Anyways, I just felt like I should post this here as a testament to this epic guild! Sorry the story was a bit long, but thank you if you read it.  I hope VD offers you all the same experiences it offered me.  Good luck with 3.0!

P.S. My pet's name remains to this day, "VDforever."

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vel Dawlo Forum Index -> Public All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum